Saturday, November 21, 2009

To love or to hate level design

It was just last week when I said that things seem to get slightly more comfortable in my course and now I regretted saying so. This week was rather hellish with the assignments on level designing. I really like designing levels and in fact, I am having fun with it. But to design and document a level in 2-3 days while paying attention to granular details can be tiring! I’m so sorry but I just had to rant because I’m so tapped out at the moment from planning the events for my World War 2 level.

Basically, my level is required to have these 3 objectives:

  1. Obtain intelligence information from the farmhouse
  2. Set explosive charges on at least one tank after obtaining the information
  3. Escape to an extraction point

And in the end, this is how my level look like… haha!

 

 

Pretty lines everywhere!

Sorry, too lazy to organize the layers in Photoshop!

 

 

 

[Via http://pathofgd.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment