Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mass Effect

That’s right, you’ve seen right…

1) Something not related to anime

2) Mass effect 1 is correct. No I’m not one of the cool kids with ME2…yet

I decided to post this to help show what I’ve dedicated quite a bit of time to these last few days. Instead of watching the trashy stuff this season or more FMA:B I’ve returned to Mass effect. This is my first playthrough. I started this game in 2007, playing during my first year of University. Then I just stopped until sometime this or last week.

That’s right, between stopping playing this game and resuming I passed two years of University. Hmmm. However in the last couple of days I’ve jumped from 4-5 hours played (from 2007) to over 13 hours now played. A few days has more then doubled what I did in over two years…

Also prepare for crappy pictures…xbox 360 plus a shite camera equals what follows (it took 21 attempts to get the following three images done)

Craig Shepard

Say hello to the hero of this particular game- Craig Shepard. As a soldier he has taken to using guns to get the dirty work done as opposed to more technical things. However that isn’t to say he always rushes to use the guns. In this gameplay I’ve taken to having a “good” character, with the occasional renegade moment. Basically I’m playing it as I would be myself- usually good, but willing to shoot first and ask questions later if the need arises.

Craig Shepard can usually be found in battle to be blazing away with a rifle or shotgun. Alas the picture doesn’t fully show off his scar which I guess I thought was cool when creating this character back in ‘07. I still think it’s a pretty cool scar.

Today (well on Wednesday, yay for midnight blogging) I put another few hours into the game, cutting through the side missions (aka Assignments). Now the only assignments I seem to have left are basically fetch/tracking quests in which I have to find different materials and emblems etc across the galaxy. And well…fuck that shit. I hate those “find 30 of such and such” missions, so as such I’ll be returning to the main missions when I start playing again. I stopped at about 23:00 today as I’m near the end of the game, and wanted to be ready for an upcoming gruelling mission. A few more hours of gameplay and this playthrough that started in my first year might be complete before I graduate.

But oh god don’t mention Eternal Sonata. I bought that game at my (first ever!) expo back in 2007 when looking for stuff to buy near the end of the expo. I’ve spent a few hours on it, but I doubt I’m anywhere near finishing. I suspect that will be a game that won’t be done before I graduate.

[Via http://trueredesu.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment