Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Nugget Goes to the Game

I have always found the vertically challenged quite amusing, but I find them to be even more so in recent years thanks to my favorite lady comedian, Chelsea Handler.  Chelsea has a serious affection for little people whom she lovingly refers to as nuggets.  Which is why I am going to tell you a little story about the precious nugget I saw at last night’s Orlando Magic game.

While at the game last night a group of people only a few years younger than myself sat in front of my roommate and I.  They seemed like a normal bunch, drinking beers and cheering on the most choice NBA team in the league. When after halftime along comes a little nugget friend of theirs who happens to sit right in front of me.  Nugget was wearing a Vince Carter jersey and had on an adorable tiny pair of Air Jordan sneakers.  I just wanted to give him a big old hug, but I had to restrain myself.

Towards the end of the fourth quarter, the Magic began to comeback against the lackluster New Orleans Hornets… now, last time I checked, the Hornets were still in Charlotte so obviously I must have missed something over the years… Whatever, the Magic begin to come back and crowd begins to get out of their seats every time the team nears our hoop, everyone except Nugget that is… Because he is actually standing on his seat.  Oh, it was just unbearable to stand there and not tell him what a nugget he truly is… I mean just take a look…

Once the Magic tie it up with about two minutes to go, Nugget is almost a permanent fixture on his seat.  And to make things even better for him, Vince was having an outstanding game.  With seconds to go and a 6 point lead, Vince Carter had 44 points.  But the crowd (Nugget included) was concerned the Hornets might hit two 3’s and tie up the game sending it into overtime.  Until! Nugget’s man Vince makes another shot for a total of 46 points and needless to say the Magic won.  It was a great night for the Magic, Orlando, myself, and the little Nugget.

[Via http://themierz.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment