Sunday, February 7, 2010

Process Project

Okay, putting it out there, I really have left this project down to the last minute. With less than a week until I am due to present my work, I’ve only just set a fix on the idea I will be pursuing. It isn’t entirely down to complete procrastination, for a while I struggled with idea generation and when I set an idea after some development steps I decided I wasn’t 100% happy with it.

After setting out to generate a list of 10 ideas (blog post here) I choose to make a combination of two ideas.

…2. Community based photography concept game

3. Flashmob photography…

I named it ‘Shuttermob.’ taking the idea of ‘Flashmobs’ and combining it with photography, though rather than gathering at a location to take photos taking photos of the same subject at your location and submitting it back to a community for feedback and to see other participants (hopefully) interesting results.

Other than creating a Flickr group and getting a small number of members, I didn’t get much further with the idea and it soon wilted, the main problem I had with the idea is that I wasn’t happy with how similar it was to other groups that are already more developed.

At this point I decided to take a look at other avenues and decided to take the direction of going back to my previous (People) project, which was also a photography based idea.

The idea was to create a platform from which photographers would gain massive amounts of publicity, to achieve this my idea was to project photographic images onto content specific/relevant areas.

Below is a quick demonstration of the platform I developed for the People project.



I came to the conclusion that for this project I’d like to develop this further, my plan is to:

  • Complete redesign of the platform
  • Integrate the Shuttermob idea

I feel given the current time limit I’ve now unintentionally self imposed this would be an achievable task by the deadline.

[Via http://adamjones53.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment